Membership on the Academic Outreach and Engagement Council (AOEC) comprises faculty members from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture who have an interest in academic outreach and engagement. AOEC taskforce and committee members need not be members of the AOEC.
The Council promotes the full range of the University’s land grant mission. The Council’s primary emphases include encouraging excellence in outreach and engagement that is transformative for both academic and public communities, and advocating for policies that recognize and reward faculty engaged in outreach and engagement.
AOEC goals include:
To develop, propose, and continuously improve policies for academic outreach and engagement on the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus
- Leading the academic community in developing standards and definitions of engaged scholarship that are based on best practices.
- Facilitating the implementation and continuous advancement of academic outreach and engagement at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
To serve as the primary faculty representative and advocate for engaged scholarship.
- Disseminating information regarding academic outreach and engagement activities through close coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Working with key stakeholders to support and extend faculty members’ pursuit of engaged scholarship.
- Rewarding and recognizing faculty members who demonstrate excellence in academic outreach and engaged scholarship.