Student Engagement Award Criteria
Purpose: To recognize exemplary contributions that 1) impact the well-being of the community or individuals in the community, and 2) enhances the learning experience of students, or 3) teaching and research for faculty.
The official nomination letter should describe the ways the nominee meets qualifications for this award based on their role within a given community, setting or population. Successful nomination letters should include specific examples of the nominee’s work related to one of these priority areas or other areas that reflect the strategic goals of the university. Letters should comment on the impact of the individual’s contributions on the community, setting, or population served and address all the items below.
Please supply all materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All activity must have been performed during the 2018-2019 academic year (including summer, fall, spring)
- Submit application & materials electronically to email@example.com
- Hard copies of optional documentation may be sent to the Office of Community Engagement and Outreach
- 1534 White Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996 ATTN: Community Engagement Award
- Deadline for submission is March 1
- Self-nominations are not accepted. Community partners must be nominated by a University student, faculty, staff or alumnus.
- Must be currently enrolled at UT Knoxville.
- Full-time or part-time.
- Undergraduate or graduate student.
REQUIRED: Provide a letter of support from community partner, stakeholder, or beneficiary that indicates how they benefited from the service provided.
OPTIONAL: Other supporting documentation (i.e. research paper, newsletters or clippings, videos.)
Please ensure that the nominee has consented to the nomination. The nominator can seek assistance from the nominee to most accurately reflect their work in the submitted documents.