The Office of Community Engagement and Outreach (OCEO) is excited to launch a new initiative, Imagine Tennessee. It is intended to leverage university research and scholarship toward the benefit of Tennessee communities.
An interdisciplinary research and engaged scholarship program, we seek to connect and equip community-university partners to advance common goals for the good of the local community and the state. Projects will be solicited by the OCEO and selected by a panel of campus and community representatives.
Imagine Tennessee is not a grant program, however it works collaboratively with community partners, faculty, and students participating in the program to build capacity and implement mutually beneficial projects which may result in internal and/or external funding opportunities.
Who Can Participate?
University of Tennessee, Knoxville faculty, staff, or students, or community organizations such as nonprofit or government agencies.
What are the Benefits?
Imagine Tennessee is designed to benefit faculty, students, and community partners. Some of the expected benefits include:
- Collaborations with university faculty and students that direct research and engagement toward community needs
- Expanded capacity to address community needs through student scholarship and creative problem solving
- Opportunities to connect research, teaching, and service through engaged scholarship that addresses complex issues
- Potential to catalyze research and scholarship through interdisciplinary collaborations and community partnerships
- Opportunities to apply learning toward solutions to real-world issues
- Opportunities to collaborate with nonprofit, government, and industry personnel seeking to recruit talented and passionate graduates
How Do I Get Involved?
Complete the Interest Form below which corresponds to your status. You will be asked to respond to a brief set of questions about your areas of interest related to the program. Interested individuals may also send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Organizations: Interest Form
Faculty or Staff: Interest Form
Students: Interest Form